Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.
First Methodist Church in 1919. This church began in 1913 in the oil fields as a mission project of Cedar Bayou Methodist. It moved several times because the building became covered with oil from gushers, and later became St. John's Methodist Church. Photo contributed by Robert and Carolyn Francis in 2016.