Baytown Historic Photos

Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.

Home / Buildings / Houses and Subdivisions / Part of a panoramic photo of West Baytown, in 1928.
Part of a panoramic photo of West Baytown, in 1928.
  • Description
  • Keywords
  • Information
Fourth in a six-part panorama. Baseball park and grandstand are in foreground. This area is now (1968) directly behind Post Office Station A. Street with row of houses, in upper center, is Bonner Street. Long building at end of street is Men's Dormitory. At right across street from grandstand is the first Humble Marketing bulk station. A tank car of gasoline is being unloaded into horizonal tanks. E.S. (Uncle Ernie) Barrow was the first manager. On extreme right, above bulk station is first unit of present main office building under construction. In distance are new tanks under construction. Wooded area beyond new tanks is now Research Center.
Appeared in Exxon microfilm, 382 (1928).
4720 KB