Part of a panoramic photo of West Baytown, in 1928.
First of six-part panorama. Photograph was taken from top of water tower now behind Harold Scarborough's drug store (1968) circa 1925. Old East Baytown subdivision was developed by Humble Company. The homes were financed by the Company at a low interest rate to provide housing for Refinery workers. First house, extreme upper left, was built by E.L. (Red) Alford who still live there. He is retired from the Refinery Hospital staff. Two-story building in lower right is the Sandlin Building. It housed Station A Post Office and drug store. The brick house fronting Wisconsin, behind Sandlin Building was built by Uncle Sid Bozarth.
- Appeared in Exxon microfilm, 379.
- 4795 KB