Baytown Historic Photos

Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.

Home / Buildings / Houses and Subdivisions / Company Houses
 
 
 
      baypic435.jpg
 
Company Houses
  • Description
  • Keywords
  • Information
Company houses nearing completion in Goose Creek on West Humble Street, June 26, 1923. Houses were built under the leadership of Ross S. Sterling, first president of Humble primarily for Production Department Employees. The fee title was held by the Refinery and circa 1930. The homes were sold to employees. Some houses were used temporarily by refinery employees until company housing area could be completed and made available. Homer C. Wilson, Sr. lived a short time in house on right side with gate open, until he could move into refinery housing area. There were several blocks of these houses, some located on West Sterling.
Author
Appeared in Exxon microfilm, 181.
Dimensions
7288*5779
Filesize
6398 KB
Visits
2489