Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.
On March 11, 1950 the Baytown Telephone exchange converted to dial operation. Left to right: Roy Autry, president of Southwestern Associated Telephone Company, W.T. Busch, president of the First National Bank, Gordon Farned, Plant Manager at the Humble Refinery, and John Bozell, General Telephone System Chairman of the Board. At this time Baytown had a population of 22,900 with 7,141 telephones.