Goose Creek basketball seniors circa 1919
Goose Creek basketball seniors circa 1919; "1st row: Ruth Grandstaff, Gladys King and Virginia Ward. Standing: Louise Grow and Eunice Early. Top: Frances Ayrhart listed as Most Athletic Girl in the 1919 Gusher." In the background is Goose Creek’s first public school on the corner of Commerce & Sterling where the K’nesseth Israel Synagogue is now. This school first opened its doors on October 1, 1917 in a six-room remodeled barracks building. Miss Ardella Grant was the first principal and she along with eight other teachers taught first through eighth grades. In the foreground is Goose Creek’s first girls’ basketball team.
- Appeared in The Gusher, published by the students of Goose Creek School
- 2342 KB